Simply Design Thinking!
⁄ Introduction to innovation activities with design thinking and prototyping – focusing on your customer.
⁄ Design Thinking is a methodical approach to develop innovative ideas for products, services or business models that take the needs and motives of customers into account.
Starting even with a rough idea, solutions to complex problems can be found in an iterative process, made visible through prototypes and optimised with feedback from customers and stakeholders.
As experts in product innovation and design thinking, we would like to:
- give you an introduction to the strongly customer-oriented Design Thinking method with which you can enrich your innovation activities
- run practical exercises in a business game to deepen process understanding
- discuss the method, compare it with traditional product development and discuss its use for your company
- create awareness for customer-oriented innovation and value creation
⁄ The workshop is designed for employees of companies, in particular for those responsible for innovation, product development and marketing, who would like to develop products in a customer-oriented way and are interested in creative product and idea development.
No previous knowledge of Design Thinking is necessary. Initial knowledge of traditional product development is of advantage.
Concept in brief
- Introduction to agile innovation management with Design Thinking
- Design Thinking challenge with practical exercises:
- Customer centricity: Understand & observe your customer
- Generating and selecting ideas
- Prototyping exercise with testing
- Reflection on and optimisation of the prototype
- Exchange and discussion on the method
- Methods from a vast pool of creative methods will be applied. For example: empathy map, story telling, brain-twisting brainstorming techniques, voting, creation of visual prototypes, creating pitches, feedback and iterative optimisation
⁄ Introduction to agile innovation management with Design Thinking. Design Thinking challenge with practical exercises: – Customer centricity: Understand & observe your customer – Generating and selecting ideas – Prototyping exercise with testing – Reflection on and optimisation of the prototype.
Exchange and discussion on the method.
Relevant fields of innovation will be discussed with your internal company contact person in advance.
⁄ The workshop is designed as a full-day workshop.
Number of participants
⁄The workshop is designed for 8-16 participants.
Fee for preparation and execution
⁄ On request.
⁄ Dr. Gabriele Haack:
Workshop conception and moderation, innovation and change management expert, Agile, business & career coach, sensory/market research expert. Strategy development and team building with EQ and mindfulness.
Strategy development and team building with EQ and mindfulness. As a long-term innovation manager, Gabriele Haack has developed innovation processes, integrating aspects of design thinking and agile project management.
This included the development of innovation strategies, trend scouting, search field definition based on consumer needs, organisation and moderation of ideation workshops, prototyping and clustering of ideas as well as concepts.
She is passionate about the latest technology and lifestyle trends. Since 2018 self-employed as a consultant, trainer, workshop organiser, agile and career coach for product innovation, strategy development, change processes and agile transformation.
Personal values such as mindfulness, appreciation, humour and curiosity shape Gabriele Haack’s professional life. Innovation Award of the Unternehmensgruppe Theo Müller, R&D.
If you are interested, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions, don’t hasitate to conact us.